I have been asked several times this week why I haven’t posted yet. The answer is simply because my life has been very basic over the last several weeks. (work, pub, work, pub)
Although, I know you all enjoy a good London update...so I will give it a go and hope that you still enjoy it.
I also thought I would try a new approach this week & answer some frequently asked questions.
How are things going with the Irish girl? Very well. She has been extremely nice to me and I honestly think it’s genuine.
Have you fallen in love with a hot British guy with an amazing accent? Okay, I will take some time on this one.
For some reason you all thought I was going to move to London, fall deeply in love with a Brit and never come home. My mom’s only worry was that I would marry a Brit and never return.
To be perfectly honest, there aren’t that many amazing looking British guys. I hate to disappoint, but really think about it. How many good looking British actors have you seen in the movies? Hugh Grant and Colin Firth. Anyone else come to mind?
You all know me well, so you know that the very first thing I notice (even before moving to London) is if a guy has damaged furniture. (For those of you that haven’t heard Mo and I use that term over the years, I will translate for you. damaged furniture = bad teeth). It is true what they say. Brits do not utilize their free healthcare on the dentist. Why? I have no idea. I have yet to figure that out.
So, no I haven’t fallen deeply in love with a Hugh Grant look alike. I went out with few people, but nothing got me excited enough to save their numbers. (I know what you are thinking. I am picky. Well, too bad. I enjoy being picky).
Has the locker room gotten any better? No. I still have my strategy in place. I will save you the details on what I saw this week. Horrific.
What do you miss the most about being in the US? I miss having my good group of friends around. It’s not the same when you spend your time with acquaintances.
Jack. I saw him on the video this week and he looked so big. He’s the best.
Are you in American TV shows withdrawal? It’s killing me. The fact that I don’t know what is happening on Grey’s Anatomy is awful. It’s even more awful that London TV is a season behind.
Are you seriously into soccer? I am serious. Yes, I think it’s great. Who are the Jets?
How is the food situation? It’s not like I live in Africa. I do miss certain things, but it’s not so bad.
Weekly round up:
- 4-day bank holiday (still loving that 25 days of vacation plus a million bank holidays thing)
- Chelsea beat Liverpool in the Champions League (huge win)
- Still no bank account (comical)
- Still can’t put my furniture together (even more comical)
- I downloaded Skype, so now you all have to do it. (It’s fun and now you can see my lovely face and talk to me for free)
- Looking forward to going to the FA cup next Saturday night at Wembley. It will be my first trip to Wembley and I am super excited!
- First Easter away from the fam and my moms home cooking
- Surprise! You have to pay a council tax when you rent in London. Add 2k to the expense list.
- A taxi driver sang an entire song to me. “New York, NY” I still love the taxi drivers the most.
- People are starting to take bets if Wacko will make it past his 10th show. I give him five before his face starts to deteriorate. The Brits disagree. You can’t say anything negative about the Wack.
I am sorry to say this, but that’s all I have. Hopefully I will be traveling somewhere soon so I have more to report.
Until the next one…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment